Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Creative Ornament Challenge


I've been busy updating my S.C.R.A.P. blog, and adding more handmade ornaments.  Over the summer, I collected all of the clothespins that broke, saving the pieces for a special project.

I put together a snowman from some of the parts, and have now challenged the kids to create one by themselves.

The first one to make one, was my soon-to-be 11 year-old daughter.  

She made her ornament into an angel, using feathers, scrap fabric, glitter and a bead.  

I'm still waiting on the other kids to finish theirs.  I think they need a little Christmas mojo, to get them going  

Take a look at S.C.R.A.P. to see them. 

1 comment:

Candy C. said...

I enjoyed looking at all your ornaments! Your daughter did an awesome job with the angel! :)