Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, September 12, 2014

Hankering for a getaway


(photo from a previous trip)

Hubby and I have checked the campground on the island - booked solid.  Everyone else must have the same idea.  Other than non-electric sites that have no water view.  I love the water because it's very relaxing and I can enjoy the sunrises every morning.  It bums me out we can't go.

I'll get over it.  Maybe. 
Maybe after a one hour pity party.  After such a long summer of preserving, I am hankering for time away.

It felt so good to get a day off from canning yesterday.  I did however, mosey around and waste some time away (unintentionally).  I still had laundry and such, and I exercised.   I finally cleaned out my purse and changed it (found receipts for wood pellets from last February, ha ha!), finished a crocheted eyeglass case for Hubby, started another for myself, and worked a teensy bit on our oldest Daughter's pot holder set.

Here is the book that the bookmark patterns are in:



I simply make one square and edge it with the reverse stitch to create the keychain to match.  I use the pattern #4 in the book.  It's more of a two page pamphlet than a book.


Here is the book where I found the pattern for the crocheted eyeglass case as well.


Laundry is up before the sunrise today.  It's pitch dark out yet.  Oh, and I brought in more tomatoes.  It's not a lot, but there were more.  I'll try to get my laundry detergent recipe posted soon.  I'm still writing up that tutorial on the stitched cards as well.


4 comments:

Sam I Am...... said...

I found the granny square book on Amazon and there's also a free pattern on Lionbrand website but their's doesn't have an edge all around and doesn't look as nice as yours.
I like the "crocheted corn" on the cover of the needle works book...very cute!
Could you possibly find another place on the lake...maybe they could even recommend one...they do that sometimes.
I was up early this morning too. I love getting an early start although I must admit I don't think I've ever hung clothes in the dark. LOL! Have a great weekend!

My Garden Diaries said...

Thanks for sharing the books friend! It is amazing what you can accomplish when you get up so early!! And I do hope that you both can get away again...though here it is cold already like fall is getting a head start on the season. Wishing you all wonderful things this weekend! Nicole xo

Susan said...

You, my dear, have more than earned a getaway! You have earned a real vacation!

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Busy busy!
I was up before the sun today too! Hardly ever happens...I'm such a night owl.
As always love your book marks and crocheted items.
We got new glass for the back window of the camper! Yay... don't know when we'll be going camping yet...but hopefully soon.
have a lovely weekend.