Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, November 28, 2014

A no-rush day. . .

We got a teensy bit of snow last night, and this morning it is so peacefully quiet outside.  The traffic is almost zero.  As I stood sipping a cup of hot coffee while one dog was out and about I could hear Timmy purring up a storm while rubbing his head on my slippers.  It was so nice out there, that I didn't mind Jesse's morning jaunt.  In fact, I think I downed an entire cup of coffee watching him go from tree to tree, while listening to Sparta crow from the coop.


I hope everyone's Thanksgiving was memorable, and stress-free.

My inbox is being hammered by "black friday" deals, and whatnot.  I literally empty it, and it fills back up in minutes.  Do they not let up?  

The girls went shopping on deals that started last night.  I think they just wanted the experience, and I wanted no part of it.  We let them go, and they had some fun.  Besides, that gave Hubby and I time alone and that was nice too.

I think today will be a good day to re-set our snow fence. The 60mph winds we recently had took part of the fencing down.  We might even get some wood split today too. There is no wind and to me it's beautiful out there.

 

3 comments:

Mama Pea said...

No matter how relaxing and restful a holiday one experiences, I think the day after needs to be dedicated to getting back into the normal swing of things! That's what I plan to do today.

Even our little town has its share of Black Friday sales but I have no desire to participate.

We've experienced high winds lately, too, but no real damage. Hope you can get your snow fence back up today 'cause I don't think the weather is going to wait much longer before we all have a good coating of snow!

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Sounds like a good day!
oh yes... the Black Friday experience. Been there done that,...back in my younger days. Though, back then I don't think it was like it is today!
I'm going to have a look through your recent posts...and see if I can see more of this snow fence, which fascinates me.
My trip has spurred me to get moved...we actually looked at property while in Arkansas!
I did all my laundry (from our trip) today and washed sheets from both the beds...I'm getting better!
talk to you soon! Stay warm.

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. ;)

RB said...

It's so beautiful and looks so peaceful there. Reminded me of one thing I miss about snow, the way it brings a bit of a hush to the world by muffling the sounds of rush and busyness somewhat, well...that and having it on CHRISTmas morning. The rest of the time, if you live in snow land, you can have it. LOL
God bless.
RB
<><