Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, November 24, 2014

Weekend Tidbits ~ Do I hear Jingle Bells?

The weekend did warm up, and it was enough to let the fire go out.  Although we woke up to sunshine and no rain Sunday morning, I was fighting a migraine.

Around 5:00am Sunday morning, I took ibuprofen, and let a dog out.  The ibuprofen took the edge off, but laying there, I knew it was a migraine.  Then a bit after 8:00am, I asked Hubby to go search for my migraine medication.  It had expired.  It had been that long since I had one.


Without the stronger medication, I remember reading that Holy Basil tea helps relieve migraines.  Immediately, I asked Hubby to brew me a cup.  It did help too.  I'm not sure what caused it.




Sunday was a much nicer day here too.  We were delighted to have found a new home for Ava and Bonnie.  The two doelings went to a good home.  We shared our recipes and patted the goats on the head, and wished the family well.  



Hubby was not into the "put up the light" mode, so he drove to town for supplies, while I enlisted my 18 year-old daughter in the job. 



We cut back on the amount of outdoor lights this year too. 



We puttered around and put up a few indoor decorations. "Simple" is our motto this year.  The electric bill should be lower too.


Another good note - Son received an invitation to go work for a comic book company when he has completed his service for the Marines.  This was such good news.  The entire family is excited for him.  I guess I need to send off a shipment of art supplies so he can keep up on his brilliant work.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I get migrains too sometimes (with the flashy lights). I found acupressure works really fast. 10-15 minutes, all gone. There's lots of free resources online... Too early for christmas stuff here, as I LOVE Thanksgiving, almost more...

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Nancy, the only reason the lights went up early, is due to weather. We got a break, so I took it. Otherwise, later we might not.

Liz said...

Congrats to your son! We were hoping to do lights outside today, but winter showed up in force.