Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, March 23, 2015

Goats in the Kitchen ~ Thinking Ahead and Other Tidbits

Everything is normal here today.  


The sunrise is a beautiful pink.



The goats are roaming around romping in the kitchen, while I sip some hot coffee and wake up.  Normal for us anyway.  Goat coats are in the washer this morning. 

We are trying to come up with names for these cuties.  Starksy and Hutch?  Bubble and Squeak?  Yankee and Doodle, Tex and Rex?  Bert and Ernie?  Zoey and Joey? Butch and Sundance?  Orville and Wilbur?  Batman and Robin?

I'm told to keep coming up with more.  Those won't do it Daughter says, ha ha!


Having been so blessed with our garden and other stocking up this winter, I am already planning ahead for next winter.  Our "needs" list is growing.

I made the road trip to restock our organic apple cider vinegar.  I can only find it by the gallon a few hours drive from home.  I use it for canning spiced beets, and many other recipes all summer long.  The sad part was, the store moved again, and is now smaller.  They are not carrying some of the items I need.

I did however, stop at an antique store and after walking through the entire building, found a round butter dish for $5.00.  Hubby accidentally broke my last one.  Anyway, I was thrilled.  And we both got out of the house for some Hubby and Wife time.

10 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Hey! You and your hubby had a DATE! Sounds just like what our "dates" are anymore. I'd rather do what you did than go to a fancy restaurant where the cost would be so high I'd not enjoy the meal. And you have the butter dish as a memento of the day. Good goin'!

Mary said...

Those 2 goat kids are cute. While it's not the most original, how about Itsy & Bitsy?

My Garden Diaries said...

Your goat is adorable! And how organized are you!!!! You need to write a book! I love that you make your lists of what you need and figure out how to do it without spending much.....Great stuff and that shot of the sky is stunning! Happy week! Nicole xoxo

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama Pea, Hubby and I love to drive around and look at nature, hike, take long walks, and walk through antique stores. I was tickled to find the butter dish.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Nicole, I love a good sunrise. Or sunset for that matter. As for the book, I am working on that.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mary, cute names! We are still deciding.

EMMA said...

How cute, however I will not show this to my youngest, for obvious reasons!!!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Emma, I do understand. My little nephew was already over to see the baby goats when they where just one day old.

RB said...

How about Oreo or Domino for the black and white one, and Snickers or Rocky (Road) for the brown and white one? Anyway, that's my thoughts.

I do remember once having little chicks in the kitchen. Can't quite remember why they couldn't stay with their Mama in the hen house which was usually very warm all year round with all the chickens we kept inside it. Anyway, our maternal Grandma put them in a wash pan with a towel inside it on the open door of the oven which she'd turned on to very very low.

God bless.

RB
<><

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Cute names RB. Daughter is still deciding.