Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, April 29, 2016

Naughty Barn Cat

We have three barn cats.  One is been getting on my nerves lately.  I keep finding her sitting in my thyme, flattening it, and preventing new spring growth.  Grr.


I have since "skewered" the thyme, and after this rain I can finally weed it.  It looks terrible.


That's green onion on the left, and doing very well, but not the thyme.  Although I had a few solar lights in the herb garden, she continued to squeeze into it.  You can see where Aurora has been nesting so to speak.  I put wooden skewers all through it, so she can't lay down in it.  I hope it works and the thyme prospers.  I need to restock this spring.

4 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Naughty barn cat, indeed! Wonder what it is about the thyme that is so enticing?

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama Pea, I have no idea why she's doing it. I have all my mints in pots, and do not even have catnip nearby. I think I will plant some just for her, and to keep her out of the herbs.

RB said...

One of ours use to "nest" in my chives. I finally got a cheap metal border fence at Dollar General, took it apart into 2 piece segments, and criss-crossed it across the window boxes, and that fixed it.
Cats are gonna be cats, generally choosing to find the most inconvenient, and of course, least desirable to humans places to nap.
Hope everyone's having a great weekend.
God bless.
RB
<><

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks for that tip RB, she seems to nap where ever she wants lately.